Some of the activities that City of Sanctuary groups have planned or carried out so far include:
- Workshops for schools on sanctuary issues.
- Ceilidh dances, ‘Life Swaps’, and other social events where people seeking sanctuary and local people can meet and interact.
- Speakers’ events for local people to hear from those seeking sanctuary directly about their experiences.
- Concerts and drama productions by refugee artists.
- Producing signs for display by supporting organisations to welcome people seeking sanctuary.
- Interfaith events promoting sanctuary and hospitality.
- Community conflict resolution training for areas experiencing tension over new arrivals.
- Work with local media to publicise positive stories of people seeking sanctuary.
- Involvement of people seeking sanctuary in media production.
- Civic receptions for new arrivals in the city.
- Refugee community involvement in festivals and cultural events.
- Voluntary work placements for refugees and those seeking sanctuary.
- Public signing of resolutions of support by local organisation representatives.
- Inclusion of City of Sanctuary goals in Local Strategic Partnership strategies.