This section of our site is a collection of resources to help local City of Sanctuary groups:
- Get your Group on the website – step-by-step instructions and a handy form for requesting your own Group be given space on our website.
- Core Principles – The core principles which characterise the City of Sanctuary movement.
- Criteria – The criteria your group should fulfil to be regarded as an official City of Sanctuary.
- Action Ideas – Suggestions for practical action to kick-start or develop your local City of Sanctuary group.
- Support Services – A list of the infrastructure and support services we can provide for your local City of Sanctuary group.
- Resolution of Support – The text of a resolution which local organisations can adopt in order to join their local City of Sanctuary movement.
- Leaflet Text – Some text you can adapt for a leaflet about City of Sanctuary.
- Logos and Welcome Sign – Some logos for use on leaflets etc, and a sign reading ‘We welcome asylum-seekers and refugees’ for display by supporting organisations.
- Poster Format – A sample poster format to adapt for your own events.
- Constitution – A simple constitution document for your group.
- Handbook – Our detailed guide to building a City of Sanctuary initiative, including case studies from around the UK.
- City of Sanctuary film – A 9 minute film, which tells the story of City of Sanctuary. Available free to view online, or as a DVD for local screenings.
- Running successful groups and meetings – A set of essential briefings for grassroots groups, from Seeds for Change training co-op.
- Checklist for new groups – Some questions to consider when setting up a City of Sanctuary initiative.